Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm Bored

I'm bored.

I know, no one wants to come to this blog and hear me whine, especially not after I shirked my duties last week and posted a cute kitty video in place of a regular entry, but I am bored.

I have been bored since Day One, of course, so this is nothing new. The thing is, before now I had something to occupy my time with. I had a thesis to work on, research to do, places to see, people to meet, et cetera, et cetera. If nothing else, I could at least assist someone else with one of their projects. Now, however, it's all just...blah.

The things around here that do require doing are, unfortunately, incredibly dull and tedious. We need to pack. I mean, we really need to pack. When I say "we" I of course mostly mean Carina, but we need to pack. That's simple, doable, and can only be done on a particular timetable. We can't just pack all of our toiletries away now, unfortunately, so we have to wait on those a bit. Also, we still have so much junk lying around the department that needs to be distributed elsewhere that it's not even funny. It's also not particularly interesting, though. I'd have it all taken care of in the space of  a single day if Carina would just let me do it. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening just yet.

We've also been dealing with our bank here, HSBC. I hate banks. You can talk up their virtues all you want, but I still hate them. I don't hate the concept of banks, mind you. I just hate the way in which they tend to be operated (re: inefficiently). After marching all around Central District, we finally managed to take care of most of our e-banking woes (aside from having the ability to transfer funds online, or at least so Carina tells me). It has been extremely frustrating, but it's almost all taken care of now and I'm quite proud of myself for not punching anyone in the face or, for that matter, anywhere else.

I'm also nursing an extremely sore foot, after an obese and completely oblivious old man decided to stomp and then fall on top of it this morning. I cannot wait to be rid of this place and the rabble that populate it. I'll take the crime and violence of my home country. At least we have trees and hospitality.

I guess I also have the story I've been writing for a while now. I feel like it's really going somewhere, but I'm not always motivated to write, just like with this blog post. Yep, motivation is totally gone now. Maybe I'll feel better next week when I'm seven days closer to getting out of this dump.

~Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment