Thursday, April 7, 2011

Not Dead Yet

Ugh, it has been a while since I posted last, so I figured I would pop up and let everyone know that I am still alive and kicking...just mostly at my thesis...and other philosophical scrawls.

Things have been busy lately, but not particularly exciting.  As I close in on the final sections of my thesis draft, I am left wondering what comes next for us here.  After I complete my project and defend, the plan is to head back to the States and begin working toward my doctorate which will, hopefully, be at a certain school I used to prowl around.  Nothing is certain, though, and even if those plans come to fruition, there is still no way of knowing what will happen next.

Right now, all I know is that I am here in Hong Kong with my wonderful wife, working on philosophy, and frequently indulging in kitchen experiments that may or may not involve copious amounts of red wine.  That is nothing to be unhappy about.  Even though I do not want to spend the rest of my life here, I really am enjoying this experience and want to continue to explore Hong Kong.  We still have a lot to see and do, and I am hoping to get Carina up and out of the apartment in the next few weeks so we can go out and adventure.  Of course, that also means I need to sit still and finish my draft, but I think we can manage.

The good news is that we have a weekly seminar series coming up, so that should keep us stimulated on Thursday nights through the end of the semester.  After that, the plan is to come back home for the summer.  I am looking forward to that as well:  It will be like coming up for air after holding my breath for almost five months.

No comments:

Post a Comment