Monday, January 10, 2011

A day of bumps and bruises (and some bleeding too)

Yesterday was not an easy one.

Before we left, I bought new shoes that were comfy enough to walk in (I thought) and nice enough to wear with a dress. Colin took me up to the university with the plan of grocery shopping after. It started out alright, but as we walked on the shoes began to rub in all of those little places shoes do (back of the heel, across the toes). I thought, "Alright, it's going to blister a little, but they'll break in." Right. So we walked around, the shoes getting more painful as we went. After an hour at the university, Colin started heading in the direction of the grocery store, which was away from the apartment and I threw in the towel and insisted on walking back to the apartment first. By the time I got there I was bleeding and needed some basic first aid... won't be wearing those again for a while. They'll need lots and lots of breaking in before I go for any kind of extended walking in them.

After the first aid was taken care of, we decided to start marinading our orange chicken *yum* and take a break before heading back out. This turned into an almost all day break, as I hit my head pretty hard on the wall next to our bed when attempting to sit (I'm so graceful). After lots of eye watering, dizziness and Colin worrying that I'd managed to give myself a concussion, we got the chicken marinading and then went out long enough to get acetaminophen (here called Panadol - which comes in several interesting varieties:plain, with caffeine, with bicarbonate, etc). The rest of the day consisted of Colin watching carefully that I didn't manage to hurt myself anymore, eating orange chicken and veggie-noodle soup, watching movies and napping.

We also rearranged the room a bit. Got a nice wooden-slat rug/mat on the floor so it's not so cold, clean linens and the rest of the luggage put away. It's starting to look nice. :)


Oh - other than the back of my head being a little sore today, I am fine! DO NOT WORRY. I'm just a little ballerina over here. I promise to pick up a jade disk for balance and luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment